Saturday, May 05, 2007

Thank Goodness That's Over!

It's over! The election has come and gone. All the hard work has been worth it - at least for my Ward. I have been elected to serve on Newbury Town Council for the next 4 years.

Mind you, I think I am entering the political arena on a down turn in the fortunes of the Lib Dems and an upturn in those bloody Tories. You should have seen them at the count. They were in their element, strutting around like a load of hooray henry's. However, I have to say that not all the Tories were like that. One of the beaten candidates in my Ward turned out to be a really nice guy. I am going to make sure I keep in contact with him. I also had a great chat with the UKIP candidate for the District election and he is someone I respect.

No comments: