It's a few days since my last post, and boy, loads have happened since then!
I've been out loads of time canvassing both in my Ward - Victoria - and fellow candidates Wards. I was a little aprehensive at first. I didn't really know what I was doing. However, now I really enjoy it. It's good to see that only a minority of people, whatever their political persuasion, are rude or offensive. Mind you, I am beginning to spot voters from the "other side". In fact I think I am getting quite good at it. I can recommend another great blog for people to read which really has some great observations about this.
Last Saturday I spent the morning helping the Lib Dems in the Market Place in Newbury. They were raising a petition to ban the buses from Northbrook Street. I made a bit of booboo though. I was introduced to the leader of the Lib Dems on the District Council. He mistook me for a member of the public and tried to get me to sign the petition. Unfortunately, without thinking, I blurted out "you plonker, I'm a candidate". He went off on one. I can understand it. I think in the end I was the "plonker". We had a good chat later though. I think I probably tempered his first impression of me when he realised I seemed to be quite good at getting signatures for the petition. In fact I think I probably did as well as if not better than the others! (Sounds of blowing own trumpet in background).
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment