This week I attended the LibDem Newbury Branch meeting held in the Hogshead pub. I have to say that initially I wasn't too impressed. Not a well run meeting I thought. Supposed to start at 7.30pm but really got underway at 8.00pm. I could have had a couple more pints, I thought to myself.
Then people started to turn up - an odd bunch I again thought to myself. Trivial discussion on finances, fund raising, etc. I then got slagged off about my feelings about the flag controversy and the way I voted. Then I took exception to Tony Vickers' comments about the flags.
Then it dawned on me. These guys are the backbone of the party in Newbury. Some of them have been former councillors and even Mayors. They need to know what goes on. Without them we, and I, are nothing!!!
Please accept my apologies for my outburst at the meeting. Mind you I'm not sorry about how I felt!
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment